Senior Data Analyst
betterplace.org is Germany's largest donation platform. Since 2007, we have been enabling people, aid organizations and companies to do good better. But in fact, we are much more than an online platform. Together with you, we want to do nothing less than move the world. And we still have a lot planned. Are you with us?
Senior Data Analyst
Start January 2021 / 40 hours per week /office in Berlin-Kreuzberg + remote
The position is responsible for understanding our business through data and our central point of contact for all data analysis, reports, and KPIs.
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Support and Marketing teams to create ad-hoc analysis, measure performance and drive decision-making
- Be a partner to your stakeholders by understanding their needs, breaking down problems, and providing them with actionable insights and solutions
- Create customised reports and insightful dashboards for our clients
- Define key metrics and build automated dashboards, tools, and models to address business needs and help teams make informed decisions
- Explore, use, visualise and present data to better understand our users
- Develop data process improvements and standards to create a shared language and consistent metrics across the organisation
- Use data science and statistical programming languages and softwares such as SQL, Python and R to perform data analysis and automate processes
- Working individually and working in collaborating with others on assigned projects
Ideally, you have:
- 3+ years of analytics experience and success impacting business or product decisions
- Intellectual curiosity: Ability to understand our business, problems and data
- Deep expertise in SQL and Excel (Python and/or R is a plus)
- An eye for data visualization
- Experience communicating and presenting complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods for A/B testing
- Quantitative background (ideally graduated in statistics, mathematics, physics, economics or a comparable course of study)
- High interest and enthusiasm for the civil society sector
- Basic knowledge of German (A2) is a plus but not required
- A unique task with which you can grow, which demands your commitment and gives you a lot in return. With the 120 million euros that have already been collected through betterplace.org, a lot of good is being done around the world - we are proud of that, and we want that to become much more.
- An open-minded and committed team with an open, appreciative and trusting organizational culture. Read more about us and what you can expect here.
How to apply
You can easily apply through our online form and upload your CV. Do not include any picture of yourself, but please write a few words about yourself and what made you apply. Furthermore we are interested in your answer of these questions:
How do you think data can help us to realise our vision?
What is the most complex analytical, data-related problem you solved so far?
According to you, what are the three most important skills for any data analyst?
For questions, contact Claudia by email (email@example.com).
What’s important to us:
We strive to become a more diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and People of Colour.